Join the Avenue Commercial Team
For over 20 years, Avenue Commercial has been a well respected leader in our industry. Our award winning team is dedicated to providing the very best service available. The number one reason for our success is simple – our people! We put a lot of time in training and developing our team members to ensure they have the winning combination to keep our company growing. Looking for an exciting career in Commercial Real Estate? We have current openings listed below, or you are welcome to contact us and we can discuss finding something for the right people!
BUILDING OPERATOR 5TH CLASS – RED DEER
- High School Diploma or GED. Post-secondary education in a related field is an asset.
- Current 5th Class Power Engineering ticket or Building Operator ‘A” Ticket or currently enrolled in an accredited program.
- 2-3 years of experience in Building Operations related to mixed portfolio of office, retail, industrial or condominium properties.
- Valid Driver’s License with clean abstract.
- Have own dependable transportation.
- Experience working with automated systems and BMS technology. (plumbing ,electrical, mechanical, HVAC.)
- Good handyman aptitude for minor building and system repairs.
- Independent self-starter with the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Team player.
- Customer oriented with positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literate with experience in working with Microsoft Office.
- Reports directly to the Senior Building Operator and/or Property Manager(s)
- Responsible to operate and maintain designated buildings and related equipment located in the Red Deer area, in a safe, healthy, reliable and consistent manner.
- Create and maintain at all times, positive business relationships with owners, clients, tenants, suppliers and service providers.
- Travel to the properties to conduct daily, weekly, monthly checks of properties and equipment.
- Report any deficiencies or other problems to the Property Manager.
- Create and keep up to date log books on each property to record maintenance issues, remedies and cost involved.
- Assist the senior building operator to create, implement and manage cost effective and efficient operational procedures for each property.
- Under the direction of the senior building operator assist in the management of all minor capital repair projects.
- Monitor work in progress for assigned projects ensuring healthy and safety standards are being adhered to at all times.
- At the direction of the senior building operator oversee contractors and service providers.
- Maintain and foster a “Team Environment” when working with accounting, administration, other building operators and contract staff.
- Participate on a rotational basis in the after-hours on-call service provided to the properties.
- Performs other duties as assigned from time to time.
ASSOCIATE – CALGARY
Job Description & Development: Avenue Commercial has an opening for an experienced and educated Associate in our Calgary office. Commercial real estate agents assist clients in selling and leasing commercial properties. A career in commercial real estate incorporates appraisal, finance and land development. As an Associate here at Avenue Commercial, you will report directly to the both the Senior Associate and the President.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Able to work independently as well as part of a Team
- Must be comfortable meeting new people and skilled in social aspects
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Must be professional in all regards consistent with representing the interests of a global firm and clients
- Must possess excellent presentation skills and capability
- Must be highly driven to complete new business developments tasks
- Sales oriented focus; understanding of selling professional services
- Minimum of 3-years industry experience as a Commercial Associate
- Must be licensed in Alberta to trade in Commercial Real Estate
Here at Avenue Commercial, we have dedicated support staff to ensure your success including in-house Financial Services, Mortgage Broker Services, Marketing Department, Legal Services as well as Property Management. Join a winning team!
Job Type: Full-time