Join the Avenue Commercial Team
Avenue Commercial has an exciting opening in our Edmonton location for a full time Property Administrator.
Secondary education or a combination of education and 2-3 years practical experience in real estate leasing and management specifically dealing with commercial (office, retail, or industrial) properties.
- Reports directly to the Property Manager and/or the Vice President of Real Estate
- Responsible to provide property administration services for a portfolio of mixed use properties in the Edmonton area as assigned from time to time. This will include commercial (office, retail, and industrial) properties.
- Create and maintain at all times, positive business relationships with owners, clients, tenants, suppliers and service providers.
- Code and process incoming invoices for the property manager’s approval.
- Administer tenant accounts receivable functions including processing monthly rental and other payments, monitor collection of arrears.
- Prepare and issue tenant billings, Rental Advice Notices and other routine tenant correspondence.
- Collect and track Tenant Insurance Certificates.
- Maintain up to date tenant contact information for all properties.
- Collect and Track Contractor Quotes.
- Maintain up to date service provider and contractor information for all properties.
- Collect and maintain service provider and contractor Insurance certificates and WCB Clearance Letters.
- Process Tenant Requests, dispatch in-house or contracted services as appropriate and directed by the property manager. Track completion of tasks.
- Provide assistance to the property manager in the preparation of monthly management reports, annual budgeting and year end reconciliation of expenses.
- Provide a variety of clerical and administrative services, schedule appointments, oversee receptionist duties, answer phones, and receive guests, preparing expense reports, ordering office supplies.
- Proficient and effective communicator in English, both orally and written.
- Can work independent of close supervision.
- Self- starter.
- Creative and effective problem solver.
- Client-centric focused at all times.
- Able to negotiate “win-win” situations with multiple state-holders.
- Effective time management skills
- Effective multi-tasker
- Team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
Job Type: Full-time
Job Description & Development: Avenue Commercial has an opening for an experienced and educated Associate in our Calgary office. Commercial real estate agents assist clients in selling and leasing commercial properties. A career in commercial real estate incorporates appraisal, finance and land development. As an Associate here at Avenue Commercial, you will report directly to the both the Senior Associate and the President.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Able to work independently as well as part of a Team
- Must be comfortable meeting new people and skilled in social aspects
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Must be professional in all regards consistent with representing the interests of a global firm and clients
- Must possess excellent presentation skills and capability
- Must be highly driven to complete new business developments tasks
- Sales oriented focus; understanding of selling professional services
- Minimum of 3-years industry experience as a Commercial Associate
- Must be licensed in Alberta to trade in Commercial Real Estate
Here at Avenue Commercial, we have dedicated support staff to ensure your success including in-house Financial Services, Mortgage Broker Services, Marketing Department, Legal Services as well as Property Management. Join a winning team!
Job Type: Full-time
DIRECTOR, INVESTOR RELATIONS
Job Description & Development: Avenue Commercial is hiring an experienced and educated Director of Investor Relations for Alberta. The responsibility of the Director of Investor Relations is to work directly with our existing investor community and improve communication channels between Avenue and the investors, deliver quarterly and annual management reports, create other opportunities to engage investors in a meaningful way and generally improve the quality and access to information on behalf of the investors. Avenue Commercial is looking for an individual with 5+ years of Real Estate and Financial experience who is excited for the opportunity to represent Avenue with over 5000 investors. The Director of Investor Relations will report directly to the President of Avenue Commercial.
- Provide exceptional service to current investors, clients and/or partners by acting as a single point of contact, receiving and processing incoming communications (i.e. mail, email and calls) providing product updates, and addressing client inquiries in a prescribed timeframe
- Identify, investigate and resolve potential client issues in an efficient and professional manner
- Generate and distribute information packages including quarterly and annual documentation pertaining to client investments.
- Maintain client information database, correcting any data inconsistencies
- Provide support and assist with requests from internal departments, management teams and partners in business.
- Work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment, dealing with multiple inquiries through a variety of media
- Quality control of all outbound phone, written and email correspondence
- Communicate and follow up with clients on external correspondence pertaining to a variety of topics, including status of investments, client statements, client contact information, management reports, general information and updates, etc.
- Daily administrative responsibilities including website information updates for investors and registration or access to the corporate investor website.
- Attend conferences and industry events.
- Educate Limited Partners and Investors, partners by initiating opportunities to present quarterly management reports through webinars, one-on-one seminars and host investor events.
- Other duties and tasks as required.
- Self-motivated and dedicated individual that thrives in a team environment
- Completion of a College or University program (e.g. CSC, CFA, CFP, MBA etc.) is required
- A self-confident, friendly and pro-active personality
- Energy, focus and drive to achieve results
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to build credibility and rapport with clients over the phone and in person
- Strong listening, communication, written and oral skills is required
- Ability to successfully multitask and prioritize projects
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Quickbooks experience an asset
Job Type: Full-time